IN 2018, we decided to go big this time and partner up with a very special independent watchmakers that have brought a totally new take on telling time with liquids.
We started our journey with our bahraini friends at Projekt8 who have been our facilitators with HYT team to make this stunning project come true. As a team, we have given the brief to the HYT team around what we wanted to achieve from this editions – specially the sandy colors, the damascus steel feel patterns on the dial and the entire look and feel of the edition.
From there, The H0 x Arab Watch Club was born as an exclusive, numbered limited edition, developed for Arab Watch Club members. Its design language whispers wind- sculpted sand dunes, golden light and sun-kissed metal surfaces. Expressing the soul of the H0, with its absorption of the fluidity of time, are liquids, detail and an additional rubber strap in the brightest blue. The dryness of the desert encounters the freshness of fluid time in a watch that welcomes the winds of change.
Liquid brings life and the H0 x Arab Watch Club accurately translates this truth into the passage of time. Its patented micro-fluidic module symbolizes the precious vitality of water. This is heightened by allusions to the planet’s driest territories. The juxtaposition of aridness and moisture merges ground- breaking technology with absorbing storytelling in a refreshing visualization of the recent past, the present and the immediate future.
An Arabian nights mood is created by a matt sand-colored dial with an intricate wave pattern and a matching beige strap. A titanium folding buckle on the strap adds a shimmering finishing touch.
Hindu Arabic digits and white Super-Luminova® markers mimic a mini-mirage in timekeeping terms. And, as if by magic, the striking fluidic capillary, pebble-shaped case and drop-like dial surface form a seductive oasis for the eye
– Blue fluidic hours,
– minutes, seconds, power reserveCase:
– Stainless steel with brushed, micro-blasted and satin-finished finishes
– Diameter: 48.8 mm
– Height: 18.7 mm
– Stainless steel and black DLC stainless steel crown
– Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the dial side
– Screw-down case-back, sapphire glass with Arab Watch Club logo
– Water-resistant to 30 metresHYT’s exclusive patented micro-fluidic module:
– Borosilicate glass capillary tube, nano-coating interior
– Multi-layer metal bellows
– Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
– Thermal compensator with dedicated bellow and specific liquid
– High-tech ceramic fluidic restrictorsMovement:
– Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive caliber
– 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
– Sand blasted movement finish
– 65-hour power reserveInterface:
– Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
– Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a tridentDial:
– Sand beige dial with sand dunes pattern, engraved markers and Hindu-Arabic numerals, white Super-LumiNova®
– Sand beige seconds and power reserve counters, black Hindu-Arabic numerals
– Satin-finished grey anthracite minutes counters, white Hindu-Arabic numerals, white Super-LumiNova®
– Blue minute and second hands, white Super-LumiNova®Strap: Rubber, titanium folding buckle Ref.: 048-AC-96-BF-RU
Since the project was in partnership with Projekt8 in Bahrain, we have decided to do our first launch in Bahrain in the Capital Club in the presence of the HYT team and all the AWC members.